10 Things to Know About McAllen Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about McAllen Medical Center.
1. Elmo Lopez Jr. serves as CEO of the hospital.
2. Lorenzo Olivares serves as CFO of the hospital.
3. McAllen Medical Center has 441 beds.
4. There are 1,530 employees working at McAllen Medical Center.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 8,900 births. No other volume statistics are available.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded $1.11 billion in gross charges and a net loss of $19.2 million.
7. McAllen Medical Center opened its doors in 1919 as McAllen Municipal Hospital.
8. In 2012, the hospital received a Women's Health Excellence Award and a Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award from HealthGrades.
9. McAllen Medical Center is one of the 50 largest for-profit hospitals in the United States.
10. The hospital is home to the area's only transplant center, is a certified primary stroke center and works with the federal Veterans Administration to provide services to area veterans.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About University of Maryland Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
10 Things to Know About South Nassau Communities Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.