10 Things to Know About Maryland General Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Maryland General Hospital.
1. Sylvia Smith Johnson serves as president and CEO of Maryland General Hospital. Previously, Ms. Johnson was a vice president at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
2. Brian Bailey is the CFO of Maryland General Hospital.
3. Maryland General Hospital has 200 beds and is one of five community hospitals within the University of Maryland Medical System.
4. The hospital has more than 550 community physicians on its medical staff, including specialists in more than 30 areas, and more than 1,100 total employees.
5. Last year, Maryland General Hospital posted more than $193.7 million in gross charges and $3.75 million in net income for a 1.9 percent operating margin, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. Roughly 100,000 patients are treated at Maryland General Hospital every year, and the hospital also provides free community health screenings to roughly 15,000 people per year.
7. In 2012, HealthGrades recognized Maryland General Hospital with awards in emergency medicine excellence, critical care excellence and pulmonary care excellence.
8. Maryland General Hospital began as a 50-bed teaching hospital in 1881 and was founded by a group of local physicians.
9. In 2010, Maryland General Hospital finished its $57 million expansion project, which included the addition of a new facility connected to the existing hospital structure and the renovation of several areas.
10. Maryland General Hospital's School of Nursing was founded in 1891 but closed in 1987.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.