10 Things to Know About Loma Linda University Medical Center
Loma Linda (Calif.) University Medical Center is home to some of the nation's largest clinical programs, provding care for more than 33,000 inpatients and 5 million outpatients annually.
Here are 10 things to know about Loma Linda University Medical Center.
1. Ruthita J. Fike is CEO and administrator of Loma Linda University Medical Center. She also serves as executive vice president for hospital affairs of Loma Linda University Adventist Health Sciences Center.
2. Steven Mohr serves as CFO of the hospital.
3. Loma Linda University Medical Center has six medical campuses and a total of 970 patient beds. The medical center itself has 442 beds, according to its most recent annual report.
4. According to its most recent annual report, Loma Linda has a total of 13,181 employees at all of its campuses. The medical center has 891 physicians with admitting privileges and 653 residents and fellows.
5. According to the American Hospital Directory, Loma Linda University Medical Center recorded $4.1 billion in total revenue last year. Net income topped $33 million for a 0.8 percent profit margin.
6. In 2011, the medical center performed 15,100 inpatient surgeries; 23,800 outpatient surgeries; and had 1,900 births and 201,800 outpatient visits.
7. Loma Linda University Medical Center is currently ranked number one among all hospitals in the metropolitan area of Southern California, according to an annual ranking by U.S. News & World Report. It came in at number 18 among all California hospitals.
8. Loma Linda University Medical Center opened July 6, 1967 as an outgrowth of the original Sanitarium in the area.
9. The medical center operates some of the largest clinical programs in the United States in areas such as neonatal care and outpatient surgery, and is recognized as the international leader in infant heart transplantation and proton treatments for cancer, according to its website.
10. Loma Linda University is one of the top 25 grossing non-profit hospitals in the United States.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Chandler Regional Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.