10 Things to Know About Lankenau Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Lankenau Medical Center.
1. Phil Robinson is the president of Lankenau Medical Center.
2. Mike Buongiorno serves as the CFO of Main Line Health and oversees the finances of the system's hospitals.
3. Lankenau has 331 beds, according to the hospital's website.
4. The hospital has 1,727 employees, according to the American Hospital Directory.
5. Lankenau Medical Center recorded $1.5 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $46.4 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Lankenau discharged a total of 19,680 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 8,600 inpatient and 14,200 outpatient surgeries as well as 2,700 births last year. Additionally, the hospital had 84,500 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Lankenau Medical Center was classified as one of the best hospitals in the nation in seven specialties by US News & World Report in 2012.
8. Lankenau was incorporated in 1860 and was originally known as the German Hospital of the City of Philadelphia. In 1869, John Lankenau became president of the hospital. The hospital was renamed in his honor in 1917 on the 100th anniversary of Mr. Lankenau's birth.
9. In 2012, Lankenau was named one of the nation's top 50 cardiovascular hospitals by Thomson Reuters.
10. The hospital will open the Lankenau Heart & Vascular Pavilion in 2013.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About French Hospital Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Inova Fairfax Hospital
10 Things to Know About Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.