10 Things to Know About Keck Hospital of USC
Here are 10 things to know about Keck Hospital of USC.
1. Scott Evans serves as CEO of Keck Hospital of USC. He officially became CEO in June 2012 after serving as the interim CEO, and he also is the CEO of the USC Norris Cancer Hospital.
2. Jonathan Spees is the CFO of Keck Hospital of USC.
3. Keck Hospital of USC has 411 beds and the foundation of the Keck Medical Center of USC.
4. More than 2,500 employees work at Keck Hospital of USC, and it is staffed by hundreds of physicians who are also faculty at the Keck School of Medicine.
5. Last year, Keck Hospital and the entire Keck Medical Center of USC recorded total revenue of $1.82 billion, according to the American Hospital Directory. The academic medical center lost $42.3 million for a negative 2.3 percent profit margin.
6. In April 2012, Keck Hospital of USC opened its new hybrid operating room. It became the third hybrid OR at a southern California hospital.
7. Keck Hospital of USC is nationally ranked in geriatrics, ophthalmology and neurology/neurosurgery, according the most recent rankings from U.S. News & World Report.
8. Keck Hospital of USC first opened in 1991 as USC University Hospital. However, it serves as the teaching hospital for the Keck School of Medicine of USC, which has been around since 1885.
9. In 2009, the University of Southern California acquired USC University Hospital and USC Norris Cancer Hospital from Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare, which officially created the new USC academic medical center.
10. Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, Calif., recently entered into merger talks with Keck Medical Center of USC and hopes to complete a merger by the end of the year.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.