10 Things to Know About Jupiter Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Jupiter Medical Center.
1. John D. Couris serves as president and CEO.
2. Dale Hocking serves as vice president and CFO.
3. Jupiter Medical Center has 283 beds, consisting of 163 private acute-care beds and 120 long-term care, sub-acute rehabilitation and hospice beds.
4. The medical center has approximately 1,500 employees, 520 physicians and 700 volunteers.
5. In 2011, Jupiter Medical Center had 3,000 inpatient surgeries, 10,600 outpatient surgeries, 61,100 outpatient visits and 10,089 total discharges, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the medical center recorded $785.1 million in gross charges and $5.8 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. The medical center was built and opened in 1979.
8. Jupiter Medical Center installed its third Sigma 40 monoplace hyperbaric system at its Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center in September.
9. Jupiter Medical Center is one of 51 hospitals with the lowest 30-day mortality rates for pneumonia from July 2008 through June 2011, according to CMS' Hospital Compare database.
10. In October, The National Health Information Awards awarded Jupiter Medical Center's Comprehensive Breast Care Program a Silver Award for its Total Health Information Program, which educates patients of the medical center as well as members of the surrounding community about breast health. The National Health Information Awards honors high-quality consumer health information.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About United Hospital
10 Things to Know About St. John Hospital and Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.