10 Things to Know About Illini Community Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Illini Community Hospital.
1. Kathy Hull serves as president and CEO.
2. Sandra Purcell serves as CFO.
3. Illini Community Hospital has 25 beds.
4. The hospital has 154 employees.
5. According to CMS' Hospital Compare database, 89 percent of patients at Illini Community Hospital reported that nurses always communicated well, and 92 percent of patients reported that physicians always communicated well. The national average for nurse communication is 77 percent and 81 percent for physician communication.
6. In the late 1930s, a group of citizens conceived the idea to build a community hospital in Pittsfield, Ill., and on Jan. 25, 1942, Illini Community Hospital was dedicated. The first patient was admitted the following day.
7. In 2012, the hospital acquired an intelligent ultrasound system with an interface that streamlines ultrasound exams for patients and clinicians by allowing users to see the fetus and internal organs as if they were being held in one's hands.
8. In 2011, the hospital recorded $40.6 million in gross charges and approximately $405,000 in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. Illini Community Hospital is one of the top 41 non-specialty, acute-care hospitals with the highest percentage of patients who reported their pain was always well controlled from January 2011 through December 2011, according to CMS' Hospital Compare database.
10. In 2012, Illini Community Hospital partnered with AIMS Hospitalist Group to establish a team of to provide services as emergency department physicians and hospitalists in the inpatient department at its hospital.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Sutter Davis Hospital
10 Things to Know About Augusta Health
10 Things to Know About St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle