10 Things to Know About Grande Ronde Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Grande Ronde Hospital.
1. Jim Mattes has been president and CEO of Grande Ronde Hospital since 1984. Currently, he is the longest-serving CEO in Oregon.
2. Wade Weis serves as CFO of Grande Ronde Hospital.
3. Grande Ronde Hospital is a non-profit, 25-bed critical access hospital.
4. Grande Ronde Hospital is one of the biggest employers in northeast Oregon with more than 500 employees. It also has more than 50 physicians across 19 different departments.
5. Last year, Grande Ronde Hospital posted total revenue of $78.7 million, according to the most recent financial data at the American Hospital Directory. Net income equaled $3.1 million for a 3.9 percent profit margin.
6. In fiscal year 2009, Grande Ronde Hospital recorded more than 1,800 discharges, more than 1,800 surgeries, nearly 60,000 outpatient visits and more than 12,000 emergency department visits.
7. Last year, the National Rural Health Association and iVantage Health Analytics named Grande Ronde Hospital as one of the top 100 CAHs in the country. In 2009, it also was named a "gold standard" CAH by LarsonAllen LLP.
8. Three physicians founded Grande Ronde Hospital in 1907 on a two-acre lot, which was purchased for $910.
9. The hospital has undergone several expansions since its founding, and the present-day GRH opened in January 1966 with 39 beds. Although it is a CAH for Medicare purposes, it is state-licensed for 49 acute-care beds.
10. This past March, Computerworld recognized Grande Ronde Hospital as a 2012 "Laureate," which honored the hospital's application of information technology to promote "positive social, economic and educational change."
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.