10 Things to Know About Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center.
1. Virg Narbutas serves as president and CEO of the hospital.
2. Alan Smith serves as CFO.
3. Garden Grove is a 167-bed acute-care medical facility.
4. The hospital is staffed with more than 500 employees and more than 550 physician affiliates.
5. According to the most recent financials posted in the American Hospital Directory, Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center recorded gross charges of more than $407 million in 2011. Net income totaled more than $12 million for a 3.0 percent profit margin.
6. The hospital's estimated patient values for 2011 include 1,200 inpatient surgeries; 1,100 outpatient surgeries; 1,700 births; and 7,100 outpatient visits, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. Garden Grove Hospital was named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters in 2012.
8. Garden Grove Hospital opened in 1982 to meet the culturally diverse medical needs of the community.
9. The hospital received an "A" grade for safety in the 2012 Leapfrog Group survey.
10. For the past two years, Garden Grove Hospital has provided more than 200 free cardiac screenings to Garden Grove High School football players in memory of Kevin Telles, a 17-year-old player who collapsed and died during a football game in 2009 due to myocarditis.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About The Medical Center of Aurora
10 Things to Know About Maryland General Hospital
10 Things to Know About Centinela Hospital Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.