10 Things to Know About Fletcher Allen Health Care
Here are 10 things to know about Fletcher Allen Health Care, according to its website.
1. John Brumsted, MD, serves as president and CEO of Fletcher Allen Health Care. Previously, he was the CMO and chief quality officer of Fletcher Allen before his current appointment. Dr. Brumsted is board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
2. Roger Deshaies is Fletcher Allen Health Care's CFO. Previously, he served as CFO of Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.
3. Fletcher Allen Health Care, which is Vermont's only academic medical center, is licensed for 562 beds.
4. The medical center has roughly 7,000 employees. The medical staff is composed of 800 physicians, and there are almost 300 residents across 16 training residencies and 23 fellowship programs.
5. According to the American Hospital Directory, Fletcher Allen Health Care's Medical Center Campus recorded $1.89 billion in total revenue last year, which factors in gross patient revenue and non-patient revenue. Fletcher Allen's net income was $43.3 million for a 2.3 percent profit margin.
6. In fiscal year 2011, Fletcher Allen recorded more than 50,000 inpatient and outpatient admissions across its three campuses, and there were more than 60,000 emergency department visits.
7. In 2011, U.S. News & World Report ranked six medical specialties at Fletcher Allen Health Care as being the best in Vermont and northern New York. Practice Greenhealth also recognized Fletcher Allen as one of the greenest hospitals in the country for four straight years.
8. Fletcher Allen Health Care is comprised of three medical campuses: Medical Center Campus, Fanny Allen Campus and UHC Campus. The Medical Center Campus, the flagship of Fletcher Allen, was formerly known as Medical Center Hospital of Vermont. It was also known as Mary Fletcher Hospital when it opened in 1876.
9. The University of Vermont College of Medicine is located adjacent to Fletcher Allen's Medical Center Campus, which creates the hub of the academic medical center.
10. Fletcher Allen also has collaborative relationships across different service lines with five other healthcare organizations throughout Vermont and New York, including Central Vermont Medical Center in Berlin and Alice Hyde Medical Center in Malone, N.Y.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.