10 Things to Know About Elmhurst Hospital Center
Here are 10 things to know about Elmhurst Hospital Center.
1. Chris Constantino serves as the hospital's executive director.
2. The hospital has a Community Advisory Board, composed of more than 25 members.
3. Elmhurst Hospital has 545 patient beds.
4. There are 4,102 employees at Elmhurst Hospital Center.
5. According to the American Hospital Directory, the hospital's total revenue surpassed $1 billion in 2011. The hospital's net income was $61 million, resulting in a 6.1 percent profit margin.
6. In 2011, 3,748 babies were delivered at Elmhurst Hospital Center. The hospital also received 540,969 outpatient visits and 143,466 emergency room visits.
7. Elmhurst Hospital Center was one of only 14 recipients in New York to receive a 2011 IPRO Quality Award given by the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization to recognize healthcare providers that demonstrate a commitment to improving healthcare services in New York.
8. The origins of Elmhurst Hospital can be traced back to the mid-1800s and an institution known as City Hospital, which was built to serve the poor.
9. Elmhurst Hospital Center has a long history with maternal and child healthcare. In 1918, the hospital established the nation's first children's health center.
10. Earlier this year, Elmhurst Hospital Center won a Greencare Award, which recognizes its commitment to providing environmentally sustainable healthcare. The hospital was selected among more than 125 applicants.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Boca Raton Regional Hospital
10 Things to Know About Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Westchester Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.