10 Things to Know About Edward Hospital & Health Services
1. Pamela Davis serves as Edward Hospital & Health Services CEO. She was a whistle-blower in the Illinois corruption case that led to the arrest and imprisonment of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich and other state officials.
2. Vince Pryor serves as senior vice president and CFO.
3. Edward Hospital has 309 private patient rooms, a free-standing emergency room, cancer center, outpatient center and a surgery center on a 60-acre campus.
4. The hospital employs 4,400 employees, including 1,350 nurses and a medical staff of 1,000 physicians, representing 70 medical and surgical specialties and subspecialties.
5. The hospital's total annual patient revenue was $1.5 billion as reported in the most recent hospital cost report period.
6. Edward Hospital opened as Edward Sanitorium in 1907 by Eudora Hull Gaylord Spalding as a memorial to her husband Edward Gaylor. In 1955, the hospital was renamed Edward hospital and had 45 patient beds.
7. According to a 2011 National Research Corp. survey, Edward Hospital is one of the most preferred hospitals in the region by a 2.7 to 1 margin.
8. Edward is in the midst of a half-billion dollar expansion, including the expansion and renovation of Edward Healthcare Center in Bolingbrook, Ill.; the addition of a hybrid cardiovascular operating room at Edward Wound Healing Center at the Naperville campus; one-story additions to existing inpatient wings for Linden Oaks at Edward, a behavioral health services facility; and a new 22,000-square-foot medical office building in Plainfield, Ill.
9. The hospital received 417,751 outpatient registrations; 20,254 inpatient admissions; 87,250 ER visits and gave birth to 3,427 babies in 2011.
10. In 2011, Edward Hospital created Illinois Health Partners, a joint venture with DuPage Medical Group, to manage the care of 100,000 HMO patients in Chicago's west and southwest suburbs.
More Articles on Edward Hospital & Health Services:CEO of Edward Hospital in Illinois Looks Back on Her Role in Rod Blagojevich's Arrest
CEO Pamela Davis: Hospital Leader, Corruption Fighter
Edward Hospital & Health Services Puts $1M Toward Hybrid OR
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle