10 Things to Know About Eastern Maine Medical Center
Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, Maine, is a certified Level II trauma center and a member of Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems.
Here are 10 things to know about Eastern Maine Medical Center.
1. Deborah Carey Johnson (pictured right) serves as the CEO of Eastern Maine Medical Center.
2. The CFO of EMMC is Mer Doucette.
3. EMMC has 411 beds.
4. Eastern Maine Medical Center has more than 300 physicians.
5. The hospital recorded $1.1 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $14.3 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Eastern Maine Medical Center discharged a total of 18,686 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 8,200 inpatient and 12,600 outpatient surgeries as well as 1,400 births last year. Additionally, EMMC had 179,000 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Eastern Maine Medical Center received an "A" for hospital safety from The Leapfrog Group in 2012.
8. The hospital opened on June 7, 1892, as Bangor General Hospital. It adopted its current name in the 1970s to better reflect its services and mission.
9. EMMC was named one of the 100 "most wired" hospitals in the country by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
10. Eastern Maine Medical Center's stroke center earned the Get With the Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus achievement award in 2012.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.