10 Things to Know About Danbury Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Danbury Hospital.
1. John Murphy, MD, has served as president and CEO of Danbury Hospital since 2010. Dr. Murphy is a board-certified neurologist and the first physician to lead the hospital.
2. Steven Rosenberg is the CFO of Danbury Hospital as well as its parent organization, Western Connecticut Health Network.
3. Danbury Hospital has 371 beds among its 12 floors, and the entire hospital campus covers more than 1.31 million square feet.
4. Danbury Hospital is the largest employer in the region and the second-largest in its county with almost 4,000 employees. The hospital also has roughly 750 physicians across its campus.
5. According to the American Hospital Directory, Danbury Hospital posted $1.08 billion in total revenue in 2011. The hospital recorded $44.6 million in profit for a 4.1 percent operating margin.
6. Last year, the hospital recorded more than 19,000 inpatient and outpatient surgeries, more than 2,500 births and more than 38,000 emergency department visits.
7. U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Danbury Hospital as the second-best hospital in Connecticut and a "high-performing" hospital in five adult specialties: endocrinology, gastroenterology, urology, orthopedics and otolaryngology.
8. Danbury Hospital was founded in 1885 as a small community hospital, and 1893, it established its school of nursing. In 2010, Danbury and New Milford (Conn.) Hospital merged to form Western Connecticut Health Network.
9. Danbury Hospital was recognized as the first hospital in Connecticut to be a member of the U.S. Green Building Council.
10. Danbury Hospital is an accredited chest pain center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, one of only two in the state.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.