10 Things to Know About Clara Maas Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Clara Maas Medical Center.
1. Mary Ellen Clyne serves as executive director of Clara Maas Medical Center.
2. Michael Gentile serves as CMO.
3. Clara Maas Medical Center is a 469-bed facility.
4. The hospital is staffed by more than 700 physicians and 2,000 employees.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 3,900 inpatient surgeries; 3,800 outpatient surgeries; 2,000 births; and 16,729 discharges, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital was founded in 1868 as the Newark German Hospital. It was later renamed Clara Maas Medical Center.
7. In 2011, Clara Maas recorded gross charges of $1.32 billion and a net income of $25 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
8. Clara Maas was named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters in 2012.
9. The hospital is nicknamed "Hospital in The Park" because of its close proximity to the Branch Brook Park, site of the famous cherry blossom festivals.
10. The hospital was the first in the United States to bear the name of a nurse as its corporate identity, according to the hospital's website.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital
10 Things to Know About Huntsville Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle