10 Things to Know About Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Cincinnati Children's.
1. Michael Fisher serves as president and CEO of the hospital.
2. Scott Hamlin serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 577 registered beds.
4. Cincinnati Children's employs nearly 13,000 people and 1,600 active medical staff.
5. From July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011, the hospital had 30,951 admissions, 121,875 emergency department visits, 6,141 inpatient surgical procedures and 26,168 outpatient surgical procedures.
6. The hospital opened in 1883 as Hospital of the Protestant Episcopal Church.
7. The hospital is ranked among the top three in the 2012 U.S. News & World Report survey of the best children's hospitals.
8. In fiscal year 2012, the hospital had revenues of $1.85 billion.
9. In 2011, Cincinnati Children's was the second highest recipient of grants for pediatric research from the National Institutes of Health.
10. Last year, the hospital provided more than $270 million in free or discounted medical services for those unable to pay for pediatric medical care.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Advocate Trinity Hospital
10 Things to Know about Howard County General Hospital
10 Things to Know About Concord Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.