10 Things to Know About Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Here are 10 things to know about Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
1. Peggy Troy serves as president and CEO of Children's Hospital and Health System, which includes Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Fox Valley.
2. Cindy Christensen serves as executive vice president and COO of Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
3. The hospital has 296 inpatient beds.
4. Children's Hospital of Wisconsin has 2,631 employees.
5. In 2011, admissions totaled 24,207, and hospital physicians saw more than 347,000 patients in the specialty outpatient clinics and urgent care sites. The emergency department/trauma center physicians treated 60,718 children, and surgeons performed 15,749 procedures.
6. Founded in 1894, Children's Hospital serves children with all types of illnesses, injuries, birth defects and other disorders.
7. In 2011, the hospital recorded $876.2 million in gross charges and $52 million in net income, according to the American Hospital Directory.
8. In 2011, the hospital's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center was named a Phase I Center by Children's Oncology Group, an award given to only 21 centers in the world, which recognizes excellence in oncology as well as innovation in research.
9. Several regional centers are based at Children's Hospital. These include the Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, Herma Heart Center, Wisconsin Poison Center, Center for Craniofacial Disorders, Pediatric Epilepsy Center and Genetics Center.
10. The hospital is a major teaching affiliate of The Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee and is affiliated with more than a dozen schools of nursing.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Marshall Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Kane Community Hospital
10 Things to Know About Shasta Regional Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.