10 Things to Know About Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland
Here are 10 things to know about Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland.
1. Bertram Lubin, MD, serves as president and CEO.
2. Kathleen Cain, MBA, serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 191 licensed beds.
4. Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland employs about 1,790 individuals.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 1,100 inpatient surgeries, 9,900 outpatient surgeries, 270,100 outpatient visits and 10,991 discharges, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. The hospital was founded in 1912 as Baby Hospital.
7. In 2011, the hospital recorded approximately $1.1 billion in gross charges and a net loss of about $24 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
8. In September, the hospital was named one of the nation's "Top Performers on Key Quality Measures" by the Joint Commission.
9. In 2010, the hospital received a $3.84 million award from HHS to fund up to 20 new pediatric residents over a five-year period.
10. The hospital recently signed a letter of intent to explore an affiliation with UCSF Medical Center in San Francisco.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast
10 Things to Know About New River Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Saint Vincent Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.