10 Things to Know About Buffalo General Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Buffalo General Hospital, according to its website.
1. James Kaskie serves as CEO of Kaleida Health, which includes Buffalo General Hospital.
2. Joe Kessler serves as CFO of Kaleida Health.
3. Buffalo General Hospital is a 501-bed acute-care medical center on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.
4. Information on the number of physicians and employees staffed at Buffalo General Hospital was unavailable.
5. According to the most recent financials posted in the American Hospital Directory, Buffalo Hospital recorded total revenue of more than $2.4 billion last year. Net income totaled more than $13 million for a 0.5 percent profit margin.
6. According to the most recent patient volumes in the American Hospital Directory, Buffalo General Hospital conducted 38,100 inpatient surgeries; 24,200 outpatient surgeries; had 5,700 births; and 218,300 outpatient visits last year.
7. In 2012, Buffalo General Hospital received a Coronary Interventional Excellence Award from HealthGrades, which places its coronary interventional care among the top 5 percent in the nation.
8. Buffalo General Hospital was created by 17 men on Nov. 21, 1855.
9. Nearly 75 percent of all heart procedures in the Buffalo, N.Y., region are performed by Buffalo General's cardiac program.
10. Orthopedic specialists at Buffalo General Hospital were involved in pioneering recent medical advances in lower joint reconstruction and repair.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Cleveland Clinic
10 Things to Know About Presbyterian Hospital in New Mexico
10 Things to Know About Florida Hospital Orlando
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle