10 Things to Know About Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
1. Jerry Fedele serves as president and CEO. He has more than 23 years of healthcare experience.
2. Dawn Javersack serves as president and COO of the hospital. Before joining Boca Raton Regional, Ms. Javersack served as senior vice president of Broward Health in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
3. Boca Raton Regional Hospital has 400 patient beds.
4. Boca Raton Regional has more than 800 primary and specialty physicians on staff.
5. Total revenue surpassed $1.4 billion last year at Boca Raton Regional Hospital, according to the American Hospital Directory. The hospital's net income was $6 million, resulting in a 0.4 percent profit margin.
6. According to the American Hospital Directory, the hospital performed 4,600 inpatient surgeries and 10,800 outpatient surgeries; had 2,100 births; and admitted 11,200 patients into the emergency room in 2011.
7. Boca Raton Regional Hospital was the recipient of the 2012 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades for the eighth year in a row. The hospital was also the recipient of a 2012 Best 100 Hospitals in the Nation Award; an America's 50 Best Hospital Award in 2011 and 2012; a 2012 Emergency Medicine Excellence Award; and a 2012 Women's Health Excellence Award, all from HealthGrades.
8. In 1962, Boca Raton residents Gloria and Robert Drummond's children, Debbie and James Randall, were tragically poisoned and died before reaching medical attention 30 minutes away. The Boca Raton community rallied to build a hospital "of its own" to ensure that area residents would have access to healthcare. Eighteen women joined Ms. Drummond to raise funds to build the hospital.
9. In 2008, Boca Raton Regional opened the $73 million, 98,000-square-foot Eugene M. & Christine E. Lynn Cancer Institute and the Harvey & Phyllis Sandler Pavilion. The complex houses imaging, radiation, chemotherapy and cancer support services.
10. Boca Raton Regional Hospital was recognized for the second consecutive year in U.S. News & World Report's 2012-2013 Best Hospitals list.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Westchester Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Montefiore Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.