10 Things to Know About Beebe Healthcare
Beebe Healthcare in Lewes, Del., is a growing non-profit community hospital in a state that doesn't have many, and its clinical care is consistently ranked among the best in the region.
Here are 10 things to know about Beebe Healthcare.
1. Jeff Fried is president and CEO of Beebe Healthcare. He has held those two roles since 1995.
2. Paul Pernice serves as vice president and CFO of Beebe Healthcare. He took over for James Bartle, who officially retired from his position this past July.
3. Beebe Healthcare has 195 licensed acute-care beds and several different facilities, including a freestanding surgery center and a cancer center.
4. The hospital employs more than 1,400 staff members and has more than 300 physicians on its medical staff, representing 45 specialties.
5. According to last year's financial data from the American Hospital Directory, Beebe Healthcare recorded roughly $551 million in total revenue and $1.66 million in net income for a 0.3 percent profit margin.
6. The hospital has more than 50,000 annual emergency room visits, and physicians perform roughly 11,700 inpatient and outpatient surgeries every year.
7. Beebe Healthcare has won 17 HealthGrades awards over the past several years. It received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for the past three years, and it also has won HealthGrades' excellence awards in orthopedic surgery, joint replacement and spine surgery for three straight years.
8. Beebe Healthcare was founded in 1916 by James Beebe, MD, and Richard Beebe, MD — brothers who wanted to bring modern medicine to a rural area. Originally named Beebe Hospital and having only three beds, it was the first private hospital in Delaware outside of Wilmington.
9. The Margaret H. School of Nursing at Beebe Healthcare is a diploma nursing program and was created in 1921. Recent renovations to the School of Nursing will be able to accommodate twice as many students.
10. Beebe Healthcare began its open-heart surgery program in 2007 through an affiliation partnership with Christiana Care Health System in Wilmington.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
Note: This article was edited on April 30, 2014 to reflect the organization's name change from Beebe Medical Center to Beebe Healthcare.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.