10 Things to Know about Baylor Medical Center at Waxahachie
Here are 10 things to know about Baylor Medical Center at Waxahachie.
1. Jay Fox serves as president of the hospital. He joined Baylor Waxahachie in 2007.
2. Cheryl McMullen serves as vice president of finance and the hospital's financial officer. She has more than 25 years of experience with the Baylor Health Care System.
3. The hospital has 47 general medical and surgical beds and six special care beds.
4. Baylor Medical Center at Waxahachie has 444 employees and 251 physicians.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 2,988 inpatient admissions, 39,646 emergency department visits and 68,100 outpatient visits.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded more than $211 million in gross charges and a net income of more than $9 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. Baylor Medical Center at Waxahachie's history goes back to 1914 when it opened as Waxahachie Sanitarium, the area's first hospital.
8. The hospital was named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters in 2012.
9. Baylor Medical Center at Waxahachie has recently expanded many areas of its medical technology and equipment, including the implementation of an electronic health record and telemedicine robot to provide specialty physician consults, a web-based imaging system for physicians that gives instant-access to X-rays and other digital radiology images and the addition of nuclear medicine hybrid scanning technology — the fourth of its kind in the United States.
10. Baylor Medical Center at Waxahachie earned the Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The award identifies hospitals with work environments where nurses can flourish and are empowered to provide outstanding care to patients.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Lakeland Regional Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.