10 Things to Know About Allegheny General Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Allegheny General Hospital.
1. Judy Zedreck currently serves as Allegheny General's interim president, CEO and COO.
2. Rick Fries serves as vice president of finance.
3. Allegheny General Hospital is a 661-bed academic medical center.
4. The hospital has 5,000 staff members and nearly 800 physicians.
5. According to the most recent financials posted in the American Hospital Directory, Allegheny General Hospital recorded total revenue of more than $2.4 billion in 2011. Net income totaled more than $57 million for a 2.4 percent profit margin.
6. The hospital admits more than 29,000 patients; logs over 68,000 emergency visits; and performs more than 21,000 surgical procedures annually.
7. This year, Allegheny General Hospital was named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters.
8. The hospital was founded in 1885 on Pittsburgh's historic north side.
9. Allegheny General Hospital was the first hospital in the Pittsburgh region to receive designation as a Level I Shock Trauma Center, which is the highest designation available, according to the hospital website.
10. The hospital's LifeFlight aeromedical service was the first to fly in the northeastern United States, according to its website.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Scripps Green Hospital
10 Things to Know About Grande Ronde Hospital
10 Things to Know About St. Luke's Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.