10 Things to Know About Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
1. The president of Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center is Susan Nordstrom Lopez.
2. Jack Gilbert serves as the vice president of finance and support services.
3. The hospital has 408 beds.
4. There are more than 900 active physicians on staff at the hospital.
5. Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center recorded $1.1 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $68.9 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center admitted 16,921 patients in 2011. The hospital's physicians performed 10,648 surgeries and 2,340 births last year. Additionally, the hospital had 155,438 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. The hospital was named as one of Thomson Reuters' top 100 hospitals in the nation in 2012.
8. The hospital originally opened in 1897 as Union Hospital. In 1921, the Masonic Order purchased the hospital and renamed it Illinois Masonic Hospital. The hospital merged with Advocate Health Care in 2000.
9. Becker's Hospital Review named Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center to its 2011 list of the 50 Best Hospitals in America.
10. In 2012, the hospital was recognized by the American Society for Healthcare Engineering of the American Hospital Association for having reduced its energy compensation by 10 percent or more in one year.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast
10 Things to Know About Saint Vincent Hospital
10 Things to Know About Advocate Christ Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.