10 Things to Know About Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Abbott Northwestern Hospital.
1. The president of Abbott Northwestern Hospital is Ben Bache-Wiig, MD
2. Brian Weinreis serves as the hospital's CFO.
3. Abbott Northwestern Hospital has 605 beds, according to the American Hospital Directory.
4. Abbott Northwestern had 4,868 employees and 1,493 members on its medical staff in 2010.
5. The hospital recorded $2.6 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $49.3 million, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Abbott Northwestern Hospital discharged a total of 37,595 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 21,800 inpatient and 15,400 outpatient surgeries as well as 6,700 births last year. The hospital had 98,100 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Abbott Northwestern was ranked in seven areas by U.S. News & World Report's best hospital rankings in 2012.
8. Abbott Northwestern's history dates back to 1882, when Northwestern Hospital for Women and Children opened. In 1902, Dr. Amos Abbott opened Abbott Hospital for Women. Abbott and Northwestern Hospitals merged to form the Abbott-Northwestern Hospital Corporation in 1970, and then consolidated onto one campus in 1980.
9. Abbott Northwestern was granted Magnet Recognition Program status in 2009 for excellence in nursing.
10. The hospital was one of six to earn a Minnesota Hospital Association patient safety excellence award for the second quarter of 2012.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About St. Joseph Hospital
10 Things to Know about University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
10 Things to Know About Woman's Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.