Survey: Physicians Generally Dissatisfied With Their Pay
Just 35.4 percent of physicians reported being "beyond satisfied" or "satisfied" with their income level and the amount of hours they worked, according to The Medicus Firm's 2013 Physician Practice Preference & Relocation Survey.
The following is a breakdown of responses given by physicians about their earnings in 2012:
• Income exceeded expectations; I am beyond satisfied: 2.6 percent
• Satisfied with income level for amount of hours put in: 32.8 percent
• Satisfied with income level but worked too many hours to get it: 20.2 percent
• Dissatisfied with income for amount of time put in: 34.5 percent
• So displeased with income that practicing medicine might not be worth it: 7.5 percent
• Not sure: 2.4 percent
The Medicus Firm's survey included responses from 2,568 physicians.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.