Sponsored by ASCOA | brent@ascoa.com | 866.982.7262

Survey: 40% of Physicians Averse to ACOs

Share on Facebook
Just 60 percent of physicians are willing to participate in an accountable care arrangement, leaving 40 percent still unwilling to participate, according to a recent survey conducted by LocumTenens.com, a physician staffing firm.

Of the physicians willing to participate in an accountable care model, pay-for-performance beat out bundled payments and shared savings agreements as their preferred accountable care payment model.

The following is a breakdown by specialty of physicians willing to participate in an accountable care arrangement:

•    Anesthesiology: 73 percent
•    Primary care: 61 percent
•    Psychiatry: 60 percent
•    Surgery: 55 percent
•    Radiology: 55 percent
•    Emergency medicine: 44 percent

LocumTenens.com surveyed 1,416 physicians, including those who were locum tenens and permanently staffed, in a wide range of specialties for this survey.

More Articles on Accountable Care:

6 Strategies for Holding Physicians Accountable
Abington Health, Independence Blue Cross Collaborate for Accountable Care
ACOs Have 3 Fatal Flaws, Experts Say

© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.


New from Becker's Hospital Review

Tackling depression, suicide in physician trainees: 3 key steps

Read Now

Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months