Scripps Health, independent physician groups form venture: 6 things to know
Mercy Physicians Medical Group and Scripps Mercy Physician Partners have formed a joint technology and data-sharing venture with San Diego-based Scripps Health.
Here are six things to know about the venture.
1. Under the venture, both medical groups will remain independent and will work together with Scripps Health under the Scripps Affiliated Medical Groups name to develop new data-sharing digital tools for patient care, officials said.
2. All physicians enrolled in the Scripps Affiliated Medical Groups "Clinical Connect" program, powered by Health Gorilla, will soon be able to access diagnostic results ordered by participating physicians.
3. New marketing resources, including a new Scripps AMG website, are also available for Scripps AMG physicians, according to a news release.
4. A free Scripps AMG patient health app, powered by GenieMD, is available now on iOS and Android. Officials said the app gives patients access to their lab results via Health Gorilla, provides medication reminders and a clinical data encyclopedia, and syncs with popular activity trackers. A patient portal is also expected to launch in the fall.
5. Chris Van Gorder, Scripps president and CEO, expressed excitement about the venture. "We are happy to collaborate with private practice physicians in a way that allows them to continue to operate independently while also being part of a larger group with the access to more resources," he said in a prepared statement. "What's most important is that patients will benefit through the improved care that this enhanced data sharing makes possible."
6. Mercy Physicians Medical Group is one of the largest networks of independently contracted physicians in the San Diego area. Scripps Mercy Physician Partners is one of San Diego County's largest medical groups with more than 650 physician member practices throughout the county.
More articles on integration and physician issues:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.