NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation Ties Physician Pay to Performance
The agreement covers more than 3,500 physicians who provide care in HHC's 11 hospitals. It is a contract agreement with the NYU School of Medicine, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine and the Physician Affiliate Group of New York, all located in New York City.
HHC will give bonus payments to physicians if they meet the following standards:
• Improve care coordination and maintain level 3 patient-centered medical home certification from the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
• Meet or exceed national standards of patient satisfaction.
• Reduce readmission rates for congestive heart failure and pneumonia.
• Reduce average length of stay in the hospital.
• Maintain on-time surgery start times.
• Reduce time from triage to exit from the emergency room for patients admitted to the hospital.
If the standards are met, up to $59 million in bonus payments will be divided between the three physician groups over three years.
More Articles on Pay-For-Performance:Disruptive Innovation in Healthcare: Examples From 3 Top Health Systems
Hospital and Health System Executive Compensation in 2013: 8 Trends to Monitor
GAO: 3 Ways CMS Can Incentivize Physicians Like Private Payors
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.