CMS Names First 27 Medicare ACOs
The ACOs span 18 states and will cover roughly 375,000 beneficiaries. Five of the 27 ACOs are participating in the Advance Payment ACO Model, under which each ACO will receive advance payments to help cover the costs of establishing an ACO infrastructure. The names of the Advance Payment ACOs were not disclosed in the news release.
CMS is now reviewing more than 150 applications from ACOs seeking to participate in MSSP beginning July 1. Of those applicants, more than 50 are applying for the Advance Payment ACO Model.
The first 27 ACOs to participate in the MSSP program are listed here, along with their respective locations:
1. Accountable Care Coalition of Caldwell County, LLC (N.C.)
2. Accountable Care Coalition of Coastal Georgia
3. Accountable Care Coalition of Eastern North Carolina, LLC
4. Accountable Care Coalition of Greater Athens Georgia
5. Accountable Care Coalition of Mount Kisco, LLC (N.Y.)
6. Accountable Care Coalition of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, LLC
7. Accountable Care Coalition of the North Country, LLC (N.Y.)
8. Accountable Care Coalition of Southeast Wisconsin, LLC
9. Accountable Care Coalition of Texas, Inc.
10. AHS ACO, LLC (N.J.)
11. AppleCare Medical ACO, LLC (California)
12. Arizona Connected Care, LLC (Arizona)
13. Chinese Community Accountable Care Organization (N.Y.)
14. CIPA Western New York IPA, doing business as Catholic Medical Partners (N.Y.)
15. Coastal Carolina Quality Care, Inc. (N.C.)
16. Crystal Run Healthcare ACO, LLC (N.Y. and Pa.)
17. Florida Physicians Trust, LLC
18. Hackensack Physician-Hospital Alliance ACO, LLC (N.J.)
19. Jackson Purchase Medical Associates, PSC (Ky.)
20. Jordan Community ACO (Mass.)
21. North Country ACO (N.H.)
22. Optimus Healthcare Partners, LLC (N.J.)
23. Physicians of Cape Cod ACO (Mass.)
24. Premier ACO Physician Network (Calif.)
25. Primary Partners, LLC (Fla.)
26. RGV ACO Health Providers, LLC (Texas)
27. West Florida ACO, LLC
More Articles on ACOs:5 New ACOs Announced This Year; What Does the Future Hold for Accountable Care?
Cigna Plans to Have 1M People Enrolled in ACOs by 2014
4 Points to Assess the Success of a Pilot ACO
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.