ACOs Partner, Form National Association of ACOs
Member ACOs can work together, through the NAACOS, to improve care quality and population health while decreasing costs.
"While rapid, this is a natural evolution of what was an informal network of ACO executives recognizing the need for the ACO industry to have its voice clearly and consistently at the table as regulations and program rules are developed by CMS and the states," Mike Barrett, the NAACOS chair, said in a news release. "Equally important is proving a forum for a peer-to-peer exchange of effective and efficient solutions to the myriad of operational challenges."
NAACOS' mission is to:
• Foster growth of accountable care models of care.
• Promote uniform quality and performance measures throughout the industry.
• Provide peer-to-peer learning experiences.
• Highlight clinical and operational best practices.
• Engage the vendor community constructively.
• Educate the public about accountable care's value.
The organization is currently governed by an interim board of directors. A permanent board will be elected in June.
More Articles on ACOs:Walgreens' Strategy Behind ACO Participation
ProHealth Solutions Adds 19 Physicians to Wisconsin ACO
Cleveland Clinic Florida, Florida Blue Form ACO
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.