8 Top Drivers of Physician Satisfaction
Though many physicians are happy with their job, according to the survey, different factors drive that satisfaction. Here are eight things physicians find most satisfying about practicing medicine:
1. Patient relationships: 37 percent
2. Protecting and promoting the health of individuals: 32 percent
3. Intellectual stimulation: 19 percent
4. Financial rewards: 5 percent
5. Interacting with colleagues: 3 percent
6. Prestige of medicine: 2 percent
7. Leading a team of health professionals: 1 percent
8. Running a business/administering a complex healthcare organization: 1 percent
The survey's findings are based off of 613 responses from primary care physicians, surgical specialists, non-surgical specialists and other physicians.
More Articles on Physician Attitudes:Physician Survey: 27% Would Drop Low-Paying Insurers Despite Patient Population
Survey: 40% of Physicians Averse to ACOs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.