8 Recent Hospital-Physician Transactions
The following deals between hospitals and physicians — including acquisitions, affiliations and joint ventures — occurred or were announced since the beginning of 2014, starting with the most recent.
1. Chicago-based Presence Medical Group, a part of Presence Health, added Sage Medical Group, a seven-physician practice, to its network.
2. Thousand Oaks, Calif.-based Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center partnered with USC Institute of Urology, bringing Mihir Desai, MD, the director of robotic urologic surgery at the institute, to the hospital campus.
3. New England Baptist Hospital, an orthopedic specialty hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians at BIDMC, all in Boston, are forming a joint venture to form a system of orthopedic care, education and research.
4. Providence Health & Services in Renton, Wash., plans to partner with Seattle-based Pacific Medical Centers, or PacMed, a network of 150 providers.
5. Bronson Battle Creek (Mich.) Hospital became a minority partner in Brookside Surgery Center, a multispecialty ambulatory surgery center in Battle Creek.
6. Fort Collins-based Colorado Health Medical Group, the multispecialty physician group of Colorado Health, added Timberline Medical, a family medicine and urgent care clinic in Estes Park, Colo., to its network.
7. The DeKalb Medical Physicians Group, part of Decatur, Ga.-based DeKalb Medical, acquired a two-physician podiatry practice in Snellville, Ga.
8. OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in Rockford, Ill., partnered with CEP America, which provides acute care management and staffing solutions, to staff its emergency department.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review