18 Recently Announced ACOs
Here is a list of 18 ACOs that have been announced in the last two months, in alphabetical order by payor. (Note: Number 5 alone involves 10 ACOs.)
1. Aetna, Optimus HealthCare in New Jersey Start ACO
Aetna and Optimus HealthCare, an accountable care organization in New Jersey founded by Summit-based Vista Health System IPA and Central Jersey Physician Network, announced an accountable care agreement.
2. Aetna, BayCare Partner for Collaborative Care in Tampa
Clearwater, Fla.-based BayCare Health System, BayCare Physician Partners, the system's 1,100-physician clinically integrated network, and Aetna have partnered in a collaborative care agreement.
3. Texas Health Resources, BCBS Form ACO
Arlington-based Texas Health Resources, a 25-hospital system, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas partnered to form an accountable care organization.
4. New Jersey Medical Group Partners With Cigna for Accountable Care
Cigna and Summit Medical Group, a physician-owned multispecialty practice in Berkeley Heights, N.J., announced a collaborative accountable care program, effective Dec. 1.
5. Cigna Adds 10 Partners to Collaborative Accountable Care Program
Cigna added 10 members in nine states to its collaborative accountable care program, bringing the total number of members to 52.
6. Florida Blue, Holy Cross Hospital Physician Group Sign ACO Agreement
Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.-based Holy Cross Hospital announced its clinically integrated, 230-physician group, Holy Cross Physician Partners, will participate in the Florida Blue Accountable Care Program.
7. Florida Blue, Moffitt Cancer Center Form Cancer-Specific ACO
Florida Blue and Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Fla., partnered to form an accountable care organization that will focus specifically on cancer patients.
8. Florida Blue, NCH Healthcare Sign ACO Agreement
Naples, Fla.-based NCH Healthcare System and Jacksonville-based Florida Blue signed an accountable care organization agreement that includes NCH Healthcare Group, which has 64 physicians and 25 nurse practitioners and physicians assistants.
9. Cornerstone Health Care Partners With UnitedHealthcare, Optum in ACO
Cornerstone Health Care, a physician-owned group with more than 360 care providers in High Point, N.C., is collaborating with UnitedHealthcare and Optum, a division of UnitedHealthcare, to form an accountable care organization.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
100 Great Hospitals in America 2015