Capella names inaugural National Advisory Board
Franklin, Tenn.-based Capella Healthcare appointed 10 members to its new National Advisory Board of Directors, which will provide guidance on quality, service and patient safety objectives; review and approve capital expenditure and operating budgets; and evaluate the CEO's performance.
Each of the new members comes from communities served by Capella and each member will serve a three-year term.
Here are the 10 new members.
- Dan Slipkovich, founder of Capella Healthcare (chair)
- Michael Wiechart, president and CEO of Capella
- Robert Hensley, former director of Capella
- Kathy Hewitt, managing partner of Kathy Hewitt, CPA, former mayor of Muskogee, Okla.
- Tallulah Holmstrom, MD, CMO for Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center in Hartsville, S.C., and KershawHealth in Camden, S.C.
- Donald Lighter, MD, professor and core faculty for Physicians' Executive MBA program at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, director of The Institute for Healthcare Quality Research and Education
- Jerry Mabry, Arkansas market president for Capella, CEO of National Park Medical Center in Hot Springs, Ark.
- Mark Medley, president of hospital operations and executive vice president of Capella
- Meredith Nelson, CFO of Willamette Valley Medical Center in McMinnville, Ore.
- Stephen Snow, MD, board-certified orthopedic surgeon affiliated with Captial Medical Center in Olympia, Wash.
More articles on leadership and management:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.