7 Top Threats Facing Healthcare CEOs
In general, healthcare CEOs are worried about how governments will respond to fiscal deficits and debt burden, according to the "16th Annual Global CEO Survey — Key Findings in the Healthcare Industry," a survey conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
PwC conducted 1,330 interviews with CEOs in 68 countries between Sep. 5 and Dec. 4, 2012. Representing the healthcare industry were 90 CEOs from 27 countries.
The biggest threats that healthcare CEOs are worried about, according to the survey, are:
• Government response to fiscal deficit and debt burden — 79 percent
• Over-regulation — 74 percent
• Uncertain or volatile economic growth — 72 percent
• Availability of key skills — 62 percent
• Lack of stability in capital markets — 54 percent
• Increasing tax burden — 53 percent
• Inability to finance growth — 52 percent
More Articles on Healthcare Management:Best Practices Round-Up: 6 Articles for Improved Hospital Management
4 Resolutions for Hospital C-Suiters
Revamping Physician and Payor Relationships: 3 Hospital Leaders Respond
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.