13 Largest Oncology Expansions in the Past Month
1. OSF Saint James-John W. Albrecht Medical Center in Pontiac, Ill., is planning to move its outpatient cancer center to a renovated location that would triple its size and include 12 chemotherapy treatment areas.
2. Englewood (N.J.) Hospital and Medical Center announced plans to expand its Russell and Angelica Berrie Center for Humanistic Care to consolidate its cancer services in one area.
3. The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is expanding and renovating its Children's Cancer Hospital.
4. Rockford, Ill.-based SwedishAmerican Health System is constructing a $39 million cancer center in Rockford, in collaboration with Madison-based University of Wisconsin Health
5. Phoenixville (Pa.) Hospital began a $7 million expansion of its cancer center.
6. Tucson-based University of Arizona Cancer Center announced it has broken ground on the $100 million, 220,000-square-foot University of Arizona Cancer Center – Phoenix.
7. Boone Hospital Center in Columbia, Mo., announced plans to build the $7.2-million Virginia and Norman Stewart Cancer Center, featuring 32 private patient rooms.
8. The University of Hawaii Cancer Center opened a $104 million facility in Honolulu.
9. Beaumont Hospital, Troy (Mich.) announced that it has opened a $14.1 million expansion of its outpatient cancer center located on Beaumont's Sterling Heights, Mich., campus.
10. St. Louis-based Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine announced that it has opened a new $27.5 million outpatient facility in south St. Louis County.
11. Marlborough (Mass.) Hospital announced that it has begun a $12.7 million, 14,500-square-foot expansion of its UMass Memorial Health Care Cancer Center.
12. Valley Cancer Medical Group in Modesto, Calif., announced the completion of the roughly $17 million, 32,000-square-foot Valley Cancer Center in Manteca, Calif.
13. City Hospital in Martinsburg, W.Va., part of the West Virginia University Hospitals-East health system, opened its WVUH-East Cancer & Infusion Center.
More Articles on Cancer Centers:Poudre Valley Hospital to Break Ground on $11M Cancer Center
Considerations for Community Cancer Centers Exploring a Clinical Affiliation
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical to Transfer Cancer Services to $23M Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.