10 Things to Know About Lowell General Hospital
Lowell (Mass.) General Hospital is an acute-care facility that serves the communities of Merrimack Valley.
Here are 10 things to know about Lowell General Hospital:
1. Normand E. Deschene is the president and CEO of Lowell General Hospital.
2. Susan Green is the CFO of Lowell General Hospital.
3. Lowell General Hospital has 217 licensed beds.
4. The hospital has a medical staff of about 515 physicians.
5. In 2011, Lowell General Hospital recorded $535 million in gross charges and a net income of $11 million, according to American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, Lowell General Hospital performed 31,385 outpatient clinic visits, 2,403 births and 51,973 emergency services.
7. Lowell General Hospital was ranked 13th in the large business category of the Boston Business Journal’s 2012 Best Places to Work list.
8. Lowell General Hospital was founded in 1891 and opened to patients at the main campus location in Lowell, Mass., in 1893.
9. In December 2012, Lowell General Hospital completed a $95 million expansion of the hospital’s main campus. The six-story Dahod Building includes a new emergency department and trauma center with an on-site helipad.
10. Lowell General Hospital was named one of the 2011 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker's ASC Review/Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About The Queen's Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Ponca City Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Ocala Regional Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.