18 Hospital and Health System Executive Moves
1. Jim Taylor, president of University of Louisville (Ky.) Hospital and the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, stepped down and Ken Marshall was named interim president.
2. Glendive (Mont.) Medical Center named Parker Powell interim CEO.
3. Steve Erixon was named interim CEO of Riverton (Wyo.) Memorial Hospital following the resignation of Chris Smolik.
4. St. Peter's Hospital in Helena, Mont., named Ann Kjosa, RN, MHM, FACHE, as its new COO and chief experience officer.
5. Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Health Center in Lewiston, N.Y., named Stephen Franko III, CPA, MBA, FHFMA, as its CFO.
6. Bozeman (Mont.) Deaconess Health Services named Kevin Pitzer president and CEO.
7. SunLink Health Systems, based in Atlanta, terminated the contract of its COO, Ron Turner.
8. Kent Wallace, president and COO of Nashville, Tenn.-based Vanguard Health Systems, announced he will resign from the for-profit hospital chain, effective Feb. 28.
9. Hill Country Memorial Hospital in Fredericksburg, Texas, named Jayne E. Pope CEO, effective Feb. 22.
10. Cushing Memorial Hospital in Leavenworth, Kan., named Adele Ducharme, RN, MSN, MBA, permanent CEO.
11. Matt Gerlach accepted the position of president and CEO of Salinas (Calif.) Valley Memorial Healthcare System.
12. Hennepin Healthcare System, the public subsidiary corporation of Hennepin County that operates Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, named Jon Pryor, MD, MBA, as its CEO
13. University Medical Center in Lebanon, Tenn., introduced Matthew T. Caldwell as its new CEO.
14. Livonia, Mich.-based Trinity Health announced that Joseph Swedish, Trinity's president and CEO, will resign next month to become CEO of health insurer WellPoint in Indianapolis.
15. Providence Health & Services, based in Renton, Wash., named Rod Hochman, MD, president and CEO, effective July 1.
16. Greg Van Pelt, CEO of Providence Oregon in Portland, announced plans to retire.
17. Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth (Texas) named Court LeMaistre chief operating, staffing, ethics and compliance officer.
18. Arlington Heights, Ill.-based Alexian Brothers Health System named Leonard Wilk president and CEO of St. Alexius Medical Center in Hoffman Estates, Ill.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.