13 Hospital and Health System Executive Moves
The following hospital executive moves occurred within the past week, beginning with the most recent.
1. Jay St. Pierre, CPA, CFO of Parkridge Health System in Chattanooga, Tenn., was named CFO of North Florida Regional Medical Center in Gainesville, Fla., effective January 2013.
2. John Polanowicz, president of Steward Health Care's St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Brighton, Mass., will soon join Gov. Deval Patrick's cabinet as secretary of Health and Human Services.
3. Heritage Medical Center in Shelbyville, Tenn., named Mitchell Frank, MBA, CFO.
4. Anthony Cooper, CEO of Elmira, N.Y.-based Arnot Health, announced plans to retire, effective Dec. 31, 2013.
5. Grand View Hospital in Sellersville, Pa., promoted Jean Keeler, JD, from senior vice president and general counsel to president and CEO.
6. Richard M. Sukenik, CPA, MBA, CHFP, CGMA, was named vice president of finance and CFO of Windber (Pa.) Medical Center.
7. Tulare (Calif.) Local Healthcare District's board fired Tulare Regional Medical Center's interim CEO Kevin Shimamoto and rehired former CEO Shawn Bolouki.
8. Catholic Health Services of Long Island in Rockville Centre, N.Y., named Richard J.J. Sullivan, Jr., president and CEO.
9. William Brown, FACHE, was named CEO of West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park, Ill., in addition to his role as CEO of Westlake Hospital in Melrose Park, Ill.
10. William Newton Hospital in Winfield, Kan., named Ben Quinton CEO, effective March 18, 2013.
11. Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, Fla., named Jennifer McCarthy COO.
12. Bob Baxter, president of St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima, Ohio, was promoted to president and CEO of St. Rita's Health Partners.
13. Terre Haute, Ind.-based Union Health System named Patrick Board president and CEO, effective Jan. 1, 2013.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.