12 Hospital and Health System Executive Moves
The following hospital executive moves occurred within the past week, beginning with the most recent.
1. River Parishes Hospital in LaPlace, La., named Robert Marshall, Jr., as CEO.
2. Springs Memorial Hospital in Lancaster, S.C., named Janice Dabney CEO.
3. Geary Community Hospital in Junction City, Kan., named Joseph Stratton, PhD, FACHE, as CEO, effective Jan. 1.
4. Mike Duggan, CEO of Detroit Medical Center, announced he will resign, effective Dec. 31.
5. Kenneth Hanover, president and CEO of Northeast Health System in Beverly, Mass., announced he will resign.
6. John Garrett, CFO of Cooper Green Mercy Hospital in Birmingham, Ala., announced he will resign, effective Nov. 30.
7. ValleyCare Health System of Ohio in Youngstown announced that CEO David Fikse will leave his position at the end of the year.
8. Bernard J. Tyson, MBA, president and COO of Kaiser Permanente, was chosen as the next chairman and CEO of the Oakland, Calif.-based healthcare system.
9. Michael Hagen, CEO of Riverwood Healthcare Center in Aitkin, Minn., announced he will retire in June 2013.
10. Cookeville (Tenn.) Regional Medical Center's CFO Paul Korth was named the hospital's interim CEO.
11. MaineGeneral Medical Center in Augusta, Maine, named Paul Stien COO, effective Jan. 1.
12. Lewis County General Hospital in Lowville, N.Y., named Richard Borschuk interim CFO.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.