7 Recent Healthcare Data Breaches
Here are seven data breaches that occurred within the past two months, starting with the most recent.
1. Minnesota officials launched an investigation into a data breach at MNsure, the state's health insurance exchange.
2. The University of Chicago Physicians Group announced a data breach at a former vendor, compromising the information of up to 1,344 UCPG patients.
3. The Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston announced a cyberattack that compromised the personal information of about 7,000 patients.
4. UT Physicians, part of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School, took steps to inform patients of a potential patient data breach.
5. The Federal Trade Commission filed a complaint alleging Atlanta-based medical testing laboratory LabMD exposed roughly 10,000 consumers' personal information.
6. A burglary of one of Downers Grove, Ill.-based Advocate Health Care's administrative buildings put the personal health information of more than 4 million Advocate Medical Group patients at risk.
7. The data of about 3,000 patients of Oregon Health & Science University in Portland was wrongly stored on an unsanctioned Google-based cloud system. OHSU does not believe the information was breached.
More Articles on Data Breach:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Hospital CIO