12 Technologies Used in Telehealth Programs
Healthcare Intelligence Network has released the results of a survey revealing the top technologies used in telehealth programs.
The top technologies, ranked by rate of use among healthcare organizations surveyed:
- Video conferencing (58.6 percent)
- Wireless technologies (51.7 percent)
- Data monitoring (46.6 percent)
- Internet-based technologies (41.4 percent)
- Smartphone apps (32.8 percent)
- Interactive voice response technology (31 percent)
- Fax (31 percent)
- Audio conferencing (27.8 percent)
- Mobile broadband (27.6 percent)
- Fixed-line broadband (27.6 percent)
- Mobile diagnostics (15.5 percent)
- Narrowband technologies (5.2 percent)
Findings are based on HIN's survey of 129 healthcare organizations in June.
More Articles on Telehealth:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.