For-Profit Hospital Stock Report: Week of May 26-30, 2014
Hospital stocks were mixed last week, with three major for-profit companies seeing their stocks go down, while two others saw a slight rise.
LifePoint Hospitals, based in Brentwood, Tenn., saw its stocks go up by 1.06 percent, closing at $61.24. King of Prussia, Pa.-based Universal Health Services was the other winner, with its shares up by 0.16 percent.
Meanwhile, Franklin, Tenn.-based Community Health Systems, Nashville, Tenn.-based Hospital Corporation of America and Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. all saw decreases. CHS' shares declined by 2.18 percent to $41.77, while HCA and Tenet are down by 0.84 percent and 1.88 percent, respectively.
• Community Health Systems (Franklin, Tenn.): $41.77 per share (down 2.18 percent)
• Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, Tenn.): $52.99 per share (down 0.84 percent)
• LifePoint Hospitals (Brentwood, Tenn.): $61.24 per share (up 1.06 percent)
• Tenet Healthcare Corp. (Dallas): $47.00 per share (down 1.88 percent)
• Universal Health Services (King of Prussia, Pa.): $89.57 per share (up 0.16 percent)
More Articles on For-Profit Hospitals:
For-Profit Hospital Stock Report: Week of May 19-23, 2014
HCA's Top Private Equity Owners to Sell 29.5M Shares
For-Profit Hospital Stock Report: Week of May 12-16, 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.