For-Profit Hospital Stock Report: Week of Feb. 4-8, 2013
CHS stock topped $40 per share for the first time in two years, and UHS and Vanguard are both currently trading at historically high levels. LifePoint's stock leapt past $44 per share, its highest value since October 2005.
HCA was the only laggard last week after the Nashville, Tenn.-based hospital operator said its fourth-quarter profit was down almost 84 percent year-over-year.
Here are the five-day stock prices and percentage changes for the week of Feb. 4 through Feb. 8, 2013.
• Community Health Systems (Franklin, Tenn.): $40.16 per share (up 4.31 percent)
• Health Management Associates (Naples, Fla.): $10.69 per share (up 2 percent)
• Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, Tenn.): $37.22 per share (down 2.62 percent)
• LifePoint Hospitals (Brentwood, Tenn.): $44.16 per share (up 0.55 percent)
• Tenet Healthcare (Dallas): $39.85 per share (up 1.32 percent)
• Universal Health Services (King of Prussia, Pa.): $58.11 per share (up 2.63 percent)
• Vanguard Health Systems (Nashville, Tenn.): $14.70 per share (up 4.26 percent)
More Articles on For-Profit Hospitals:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's Hospital CFO