For-Profit Hospital Stock Report: Week of Feb. 11-15, 2013
CHS is still growing the fastest of any for-profit hospital chain, as its shares grew another 5.3 percent. CHS will release its fourth-quarter and year-end results for 2012 after the close of trading Thursday.
HCA took another slight dive last week. For the second time in two months, Bain Capital Partners and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. — two of HCA's biggest investors — announced they would be selling off millions of HCA common shares, expecting to net them roughly $1.8 billion.
Here are the five-day stock prices and percentage changes for the week of Feb. 11 through Feb. 15, 2013.
• Community Health Systems (Franklin, Tenn.): $42.29 per share (up 5.3 percent)
• Health Management Associates (Naples, Fla.): $10.76 per share (up 0.65 percent)
• Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, Tenn.): $36.28 per share (down 2.53 percent)
• LifePoint Hospitals (Brentwood, Tenn.): $44.34 per share (up 0.41 percent)
• Tenet Healthcare (Dallas): $40.10 per share (up 0.63 percent)
• Universal Health Services (King of Prussia, Pa.): $57.42 per share (down 1.19 percent)
• Vanguard Health Systems (Nashville, Tenn.): $14.71 per share (up 0.07 percent)
More Articles on For-Profit Hospitals:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.