October 18, 2013
1. 8 Hospital and Health System Credit Downgrades, 4 Upgrades in Past Month.
2. Lake Erie Regional Health System to Shut Down Lake Shore Hospital.
3. Government Shutdown Ends, PPACA Unchanged.
4. Upcoming Webinar. What comes after full implementation of a hospital electronic health record system? To learn more and register for a free webinar on the topic,
5. How the Shutdown Affected Healthcare.
6. UPMC Presbyterian, Shadyside Hospitals Flagged for $796k in Overpayments.
7. More Than 8k Healthcare Jobs Cut in September.
8. New CFO Profiles:
Leif Murphy, LifePoint Hospitals.
Robert DeMichiei, UPMC.
Chris Bergman, The Christ Hospital.
Ronald Weiner, Magruder Hospital.
Jonathan Smith, Blount Memorial Hospital.
9. November Roundtable Event Almost Here! Becker's Hospital Review Annual CEO Strategy Roundtable (Nov. 14; Chicago; Ritz Carlton Hotel). Seats are dwindling! To register or learn more,
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: IntelliCentrics, Truven Health Analytics and MedAssets.