1. North Carolina hospital files for bankruptcy Full story
2. Palomar Health continues to back physician group, despite $82M loss Full story
3. Providence Health & Services plans layoffs to cut costs Full story
Over the past three years, B.E. Smith assisted more than 150 finance executives advance their careers. We are ready to help you. Click here
to view all current finance leadership job opportunities.
5. There are now close to 2,100 people signed up for Becker's Health IT + Rev Cycle 2017
this Sept. This isn't HIMSS but we are just thrilled with the growth of our Health IT Meeting. Thank you to Helen Figge, BS, PharmD, MBA, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, Edward Marx, Daniel Barchi, Jake Dorst and so many others for their help and support. We are hoping this will be a great educational and networking event. And interesting! Contact Jessica Cole, Ryan Ciepley, Haley Jones or Alison Warner for more information.
6. Memorial Hermann expands network with addition of 2 microhospitals Full story
8. How to deploy data science to address the $24 billion sepsis problem. Learn more in this upcoming webinar
11. Can HIT reduce preventable readmissions? Learn more
12. 62 critical access hospitals to know | 2017 Full story
13. Massachusetts reallocates $24M from distressed hospital fund to balance budget Full story
14. 8 latest lawsuits involving hospitals Full story
15. For-profit hospital stock report: Week of July 3-7 Full story