Compensation for Carolinas HealthCare CEO, Other Top Execs Soars 11%
The top 10 executives within Charlotte, N.C.-based Carolinas HealthCare System recorded total compensation of more than $19.4 million in 2012 — an increase of more than 11 percent from 2011, according to a Charlotte Observer report.
Carolinas CEO Michael Tarwater again recorded the highest pay, earning more than $4.76 million in salary, bonuses and other compensation, according to the report. This was a 12.4 percent increase from 2011, when Mr. Tarwater earned more than $4.25 million.
Carolinas spokespeople said the executive pay was "performance-based" and "reflects the system's growth," according to the report. Carolinas currently has more than 30 acute-care hospitals within its network.
Here were the 2012 compensation figures of the other nine top-paid executives at Carolinas. Figures include base salary, bonuses, incentives, retirement, health benefits and other compensation.
• Joseph Piemont, president and COO: $2.88 million
• Greg Gombar, CFO: $1.9 million
• Laurence Hinsdale, executive vice president of the regional group: $1.84 million
• Paul Franz, executive vice president of the physician services group: $1.7 million
• Dennis Phillips, executive vice president of the metro group: $1.42 million
• Roger Ray, MD, CMO: $1.32 million
• John Knox, III, chief administrative officer: $1.3 million
• Debra Plousha Moore, executive vice president and chief human resources officer: $1.15 million
• Russell Guerin, executive vice president of business development: $1.14 million
More Articles on Hospital Executive Compensation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
100 Great Hospitals in America 2015