9 Common Physician Perks Offered Other Than Salary
Salary is the most basic component of any compensation package, but what are the most common benefits outside of salary that hospitals and practices offer physicians?
According to Merritt Hawkins' 2012 report of physician recruiting incentives, there are several primary perks, including signing bonuses and payment for continuing medical education. Here are nine of the most common benefits, based on the study's examinations of physician job searches last year.
1. Malpractice insurance (offered in 99 percent of searches)
2. Pay for continuing medical education (98 percent)
3. Health insurance (97 percent)
4. Relocation allowance (95 percent)
5. Retirement benefits (82 percent)
6. Signing bonus (80 percent)
7. Disability (75 percent)
8. Education forgiveness (26 percent)
9. Housing allowance (5 percent)
More Articles on Physician Compensation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.