9 Common Physician Perks Offered Other Than Salary
According to Merritt Hawkins' 2012 report of physician recruiting incentives, there are several primary perks, including signing bonuses and payment for continuing medical education. Here are nine of the most common benefits, based on the study's examinations of physician job searches last year.
1. Malpractice insurance (offered in 99 percent of searches)
2. Pay for continuing medical education (98 percent)
3. Health insurance (97 percent)
4. Relocation allowance (95 percent)
5. Retirement benefits (82 percent)
6. Signing bonus (80 percent)
7. Disability (75 percent)
8. Education forgiveness (26 percent)
9. Housing allowance (5 percent)
More Articles on Physician Compensation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review